Saturday, April 13, 2013

Focus On Life Week 15 - Aged Beauty



Well this is right up my alley! This weeks Focus On Life theme is "Aged Beauty", and my yard is full of aged beauty. My husband is a pack rat and collector of all things aged (old) it's often a struggle to maintain some sort of order around here.

I often waver between liking the aged beauty in our yard and feeling like I live in a junk yard. Some things I find pretty and some just look like old junk to me.

The truck above I have mixed feelings about. Currently is sits parked right outside my door, that transmission fell out of it over a month ago and has yet to be fixed. So there it sits.

But it has a lot of history to it, we've driven it to many car shows and had a lot of fun in it, some of our wedding photos were taken with it too.


The truck also has a goddess gear shift knob I made my husband several years ago, which he loves. he loves to show it off often saying to his buddies "Look what MY wife made me" with a big ole grin on his face.




This old pump sits waiting to be made into a water feature. I love the patina it's acquired over the years. The horse shoe is a old logging shoe with corks (screws) in it for traction. 

12 comments:

Claire said...

wow! what a sight to have on your drive - tres posh :) it's a very beautiful vehicle! love the rusty water pump :)
a great post and have a wonderful week :)
no. 21

Shel said...

That old car is awesome. The patina on the old pump is fantastic - as are all your phots!!

glassbead, isinglass design said...

Very cool- that truck is really nice. And the gear shifter- wow! How big is that?

N Valentine Studio said...

The gear shift is about 4 inches tall and 2 1/2 around. I used to make a lot of them but haven't for a while now. The truck is one of my husbands fave's.

Courtney Breul said...

Beautiful car! Love it and the knob is awesome!

AntiquityTravelers said...

what a great truck! and that grill - wowhie!! the water pump is great too - I just love the old pieces!! great pics

Karen Mitchell said...

Great photos! My husband's a bit of a pack rat, mostly of old cars too. The oldest (1924??) is currently in about 100 pieces waiting for the right bit to turn up!

Therese's Treasures said...

Beautiful old truck even though it does not run. I love the Goddess gear shift knob.
Therese

Honey from the Bee said...

: ) I bet your hubby likes that gear shift! lol! Love the truck...I come from a long line of pack rats much to my husband's dismay.

Mary K. McGraw said...

The truck is great. I know what you mean about junk in the yard. When my husband was alive, he collected all kinds of things and stored then in our backyard. To me the stuff was junk, but he treasured each item and had plans for each and every thing. I am so glad he got such pleasure in his junk.

Beti Horvath said...

Your old truck looks amazing, to my eye anyway!

The Goddess shifter is beautiful, I'll bet your hubbie loves it!

But it think I like the old pump head the best, just because everyone around here used to have them in case the power went out. Now we all buy water in jugs. Progress.

LoriF said...

OMG, are you kidding?? I LOVE it! You can park that by my house anytime!...and the gearshift knob you created is fabulous...perfect.