Saturday, April 20, 2013

Focus on Life - Take a Walk


It's week 16 of the Focus On Life blog challenge and I'm really enjoying it. This weeks theme was, take a walk. While I run a few times a week a walk is something I don't do that often. So off I went on a walk heading towards the core of our small village. I'll admit I planned on picking up the mail too so I had a dual purpose going on. The above picture is the gravel trail from our place up to the corner where there is a store, restaurant and coffee shop.


The "Welcome to Metchosin" sign is new this year and I really think it's pretty cool. Made by a local metal artist it greets people as they come into the Metchosin core.

10 comments:

Claire said...

what a lovely walk! and i love the sign :) was it made locally?
have a great week!
no 18 on the list

N Valentine Studio said...

I believe it was made my a local metalsmith but am not positive.

AntiquityTravelers said...

that is a very cool sign! my brother and his family live in Portland OR and the house next to them does metal work ... they have it all over the yard and you can walk through the 'exhibit' in the yard! I love that!

Anonymous said...

Cool sign! You made your little corner of the world sound so inviting I was waiting to go to the post office with you too :-)

Beti Horvath said...

Hope you had a good time on the walk. Left me wanting more!

Annette said...

If I saw a sign like that, I would want to stop and explore the town!

Honey from the Bee said...

That is a very cool sign! I'd get out of my car and walk that town for sure.

Alice said...

What a great sign! I love it when people actually put some thought and artistic talent into their work.

That village sounds like a wonderful place to visit.

Paula, Chief Bead Officer said...

It's so nice to walk to pick up the mail and grab a coffee. Looks like you live in a cozy place.

Shel said...

Oh wow, what a cool sign you have in your village,..and that path you walk on - LOVE it! It looks like a little slice of heaven!