Sunday, May 30, 2010

Amy Kinsch



Each item in a collection has it's own story, it's own memory, the search, the day you bought it, who you were with, the vacation ......... Tricia Guild

My featured artist for today is Amy Kinsch and her stamps are small collections, her wonderful art gallery shows her stamps used in many ways with many stories. Here's a short look into what makes Amy Kinsch tick.


How long have you been working in your medium?


It's been almost 20 years now. I was dating my husband at the time and we went to a rubber stamp show. After spending quite a lot of money myself on stamps we decided to start our own rubber stamp company.


What drew you to this medium?


You don't have to be able to draw to create rubber stamp art. However, it still is an art form.


What is your favorite thing about your art?

I like the versatility. If I'm not happy with the layout of a piece then I'll just rearrange everything until I'm happy. It's also very relaxing to get lost in something your working on.

What's your favorite piece?

The Medusa scene I made years ago. In the background there are people that she has turned into statues, her face is in the foreground, and there is a turtle looking at the statues that has escaped Medusa's wrath.

What's the hardest piece you've ever made?

Probably the Missy/Sissy book I made for one of our Projects of the Month. I had never made a book before and honestly it ended up being much easier than I thought it would be.





Who or what inspires you?


Just take a look at the Gallery on our website. All of our feature artists there inspire me.

http://beeswaxrubberstamps.com/artgallery.htm


What's your favorite inspirational saying?


I don't believe I have one!


What's one thing you've never done you always wanted to do?


I'd love to see the Smithsonian Museums.



1 comment:

Debby said...

I love, love this work, thanks for sharing.
debby