Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Ice cream and other thoughts


It's been a hectic week. A private lesson student, lots of chiro and trying to stay ahead of my Tri Stars work outs.

Yesterday was a tiny bit of a break through in what felt like a struggle of a week. I've been going to chiro at the Total Body clinic with Dr Cali since last week. My left foot has been going numb when I run for about two years now and my back mobility was getting worse and worse. So upon recommendation from several Tri Stars team members I thought I'd try him. While it HURT………a lot! It made a difference. Two appointments in and lots of adjustments later things are a bit more comfortable. No build in my work outs this week but a bit more comfort in my life. Hoping the improvement continues and we eliminate the numbness when running.

 Last night was my first confident swim since the MS Triathlon. While I'd been showing up and making an effort it felt like I was going backwards instead of progressing. Last night things started to come around again and I felt like it was a bit less of a struggle. Tomorrow I will try the harder workout in the big pool (yikes!) 

The best part of the day was a friend bringing me some Cold Comfort Ice Cream she'd picked up for me. It was Dark Matter Beer flavour with Caramel swirls and OH MY it was by far the best ice cream I've ever had. It's a small batch ice cream company based right here in Victoria, they sell at Red Barn market if you live in west shore, try it, you won't regret it!


No comments: