Saturday, July 30, 2011

Originality


What makes us original? A commonly asked question but not so easily answered when you direct it at yourself. I’ve been mulling this question over this morning with tea in hand, then another cup and yet another.

Then it came to me, I think what makes me original is my lack of direction (or the attention span of a turnip) as some say. While it may not make me unique I feel it makes me and my work original.

I get bored easily so I find myself looking for new ideas and techniques often. Which means my work is often changing and evolving.

This spring I learnt piercing and that’s been my current “new technique”. I find the most exciting part of it is looking for images I can pierce in one complete piece, so I can save the relief image for use on another piece.

The only limits are, as always those of vision.

2 comments:

Ness said...

I love this pendant, Nicole, stunning work!

Angel Whisperer said...

Gorgeous !! You make a lot of incredible things :)