Saturday, May 2, 2015

Closet clean out



Yes that, I hate to admit it, is my closet. You cannot see the floor, I cannot find anything and my work out backpack is constantly in the way.

I've decide to try a "capsule wardrobe" of sorts. This blog makes it simple and fairly easy. The Un Fancy blog shows simple outfits that are cute and still look comfortable. Right up my alley. But first to tackle the closet.



First I took everything out, and I do mean everything. I had NO idea how much I had in there. I have about 12 pairs of expensive wrangler jeans that will never fit me again. Along with 2 garbage bags of clothes that either do not fit or are stained. 



I was brutally honest, if they didn't fit they got tossed in the donations bag. I allowed myself two "attachment" pieces that I couldn't part with. The sweater on the left I got at a rodeo in Montana forever ago, and I love it. It's a bit itchy but it's warm and fun. The shirt on the right is a hand painted leather shirt I got in Vegas after winning s few thousand at black jack! It fits and now that I can get to it again I'll wear it.


I pared down to this. I can see the floor, kept clothes that fit or I love and my gear bag fits out of the way now. It was hard but I think well worth it.

No comments: