Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Favorite Tool - Borosilicate Glass





My current favorite tool is more of a supply, it's boro glass *swoon*sigh*. I've been playing with it a lot this month and have fallen in love. It's got such etherial colors and something about it has just drawn me in. I stole the above photo from the Glass Alchemy website. I've been using their colors more than others, I like the consistency and I also like that's it's North American made. Plus the owners are just plain wonderful people!

How can you not love this glass? I adore the beads I'm getting with this glass. It reminds me of Double Helix but something bit different, I can't quite put my finger on it yet.



3 comments:

Jane Perala said...

Those are gorgeous Nicole! Do you use tanked oxygen? I think it would take me forever to melt boro with my minor and 8 lpm oxycon.

Anonymous said...

I have never used boro, but you make it sound wonderful... and your beads look fabulous !

Wendy
Island Rain Studio
Sidney

Kari Carrigan said...

Swoon! I love those beads!!!