Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A day

“It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe. ” - Muhammad Ali [Cassius Clay]

Today was a day for miniature new beginnings for me. Small steps back into my daily routine, which I’ve managed to fall off track of this last month.

This morning I went for my first run in three weeks. I walked about ½ of it but I did go, a small achievement in goal to get a bit more active. I was blessed with no rain, it pelted rain here all night last night but broke for a bit this morning.

This afternoon I lit the torch for the first time in what feels like months! I’ve been metalsmithing more than torching lately but I miss glass, I spent most of the time playing with a custom request for blue florals on a silvered ivory base. A bit of a challenge. Then I played with my two favorite things, silvered glass and clear. I made some twisties out of Kalypso and encased them heavily in clear, I could spend hours doing this!

Read a good book later this afternoon, and headed outside in the dark to feed the horses. I love that when I head out to the back field 75% of the time Redman is peeking at me through the gate. He’s a tall horse but for some reason he likes to stoop down and look through the gate. Usually Indy is locate by the nearest pile of food and Eazy is snoozing behind them both. Daily horse care is something that makes me feel all is right in the world. Heading back into the house my best buddy Snoopy (the cat) is sitting on the stairs waiting for me.

Dinner is made, maybe we’ll watch a movie tonight and listen to the rain fall.

No comments: