Friday, June 18, 2010

Growth


And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin



Creative growth is hard often daunting work. One thing I noticed while at Bead and Button was that my work while it is executed in a correct tidy style. I have no defining beads. No beads that scream "there she is!" Or maybe I do, what do you think?

I was hit last night with a new idea based a bit on the above bead. A bead style I made after coming back from Turkey, a country I fell in love with. Warm people, amazing food, great countryside. Someday I'll go back. I was draw to the ceramics they made, this bead being based on one of my favorite bowls I brought home.

I'm going to expand on this a bit, maybe a different shape. Different colors, different patterns. Maybe it will expand into a bead that says "Nicole"




Maybe not? But the process should be fun!

No comments: