Monday, January 11, 2010

Pessimists Baugh!

No pessimist ever discovered the secrets if the stars, or sailed to an uncharted land, or opened a new heaven to the human spirit. Helen Keller

I'll admit pessimists drive me nuts. Constant negativity can make my head hurt, my brows start to furrow and I find myself tuning them out. I find myself tuning a lot of things out some days, I think it must be the slight loner nature from being an artist. As an artist I spend a lot of time alone in the studio. The cat and I have some great conversations, which is NOT a good thing.

I made a commitment to myself this year to try and get out more this year. I am taking a beginner stained glass class at the Coast Collective, I am really looking forward to it! I am looking forward to trying something new, and meeting other artists. I think just engaging with others helps keep our creative juices flowing.

No comments: